We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or request information.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
• To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
• To send periodic emails.
• The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 3/20/2017
Discover Claremont welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. Please contact us at:
Claremont Tourism Business Improvement District
205 Yale Ave.
Claremont, Calif. 91711 USA
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The official Facebook page of the Claremont, California, Tourism Business Improvement District (Claremont Tourism BID), branded as “Discover Claremont,” was created to share information about tourism amenities – hotels, dining, shopping, special events, local activities – with residents and visitors to Claremont.
Before posting or submitting content on the Discover Claremont Facebook page, please review these terms:
- A posting or any other submission on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- This page is administered by the Claremont Tourism BID through its marketing consultant and the Claremont Chamber of Commerce; the content on this site is not controlled by the City of Claremont. The City does not retain any social media content. The City does not endorse any link or advertisements placed on this site by the social media site or its vendors or partners.
- The posts and comments expressed on this site by the members of the public do not reflect the opinions or endorsements of the Claremont Tourism BID, the Claremont Chamber of Commerce, or the City of Claremont, its officers or employees. The City of Claremont does not claim or assert any ownership interest in any of the material posted here by the public, but by your posting or submission of any materials on this site, you are granting the Claremont Tourism BID and the City a royalty free, non-exclusive and perpetual license to display it on this site, and in the Claremont Tourism BID’s sole discretion.
- The Claremont Tourism BID, the Claremont Chamber of Commerce, and the City of Claremont reserve the right to remove comments and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate or offensive material on this site, as determined by the Claremont Tourism BID.
- “Liking” or other connections between the Claremont Tourism BID and another person/organization does not imply endorsement of that person/organization or that person/organization’s actions or comments.
The Claremont Tourism BID requires all comments remain “on topic” and stick to the subject matter of the original post. Comments not meeting these criteria may be removed. Posts and comments not related to visitor activities in Claremont may be deleted.
The Claremont Tourism BID reserves the right to remove without notice any comments or submissions that it deems to be inappropriate or offensive, including but not limited to comments or submissions that:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others.
- Include sexual content, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, racism, hatred, slander, threats and/or violence.
- Include personal attacks, defamatory attacks, or comments disparaging an individual or group based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Promote specific commercial entities, causes, products, candidates for office or political organizations.
- Contain spam or advertisements.
- Contain personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy.
- Include material having intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks or any other propriety property that belongs to another person or organization.
- Contain links to inappropriate websites, or links that do not directly relate to visitor activities or events in the City of Claremont.
- Promote illegal activity.
- Compromise public safety or operations, contravene law, or are disruptive or factually inaccurate.
- Include personal attacks, defamatory attacks, or any type of comment that is non-constructive, hateful, spiteful or insulting.