Ophelia’s Jump Productions presents its Annual Midsummer Shakespeare Festival with PERICLES, PRINCE OF TYRE and TAMING OF THE SHREW. The productions will run July 11-21, 2019, at Sontag Greek Theatre at Pomona College. The festival, co-sponsored by Pomona College, includes exhibits, arts and crafts by community businesses and organizations. Information and tickets are available at opheliasjump.org, or by calling 909-734-6565. Picnicking with beer and wine is permitted at this outdoor venue.
Taming of the Shrew – July 11-13-19-21
Pericles, Prince of Tyre – July 12-14-18-20
2019 Discover Claremont “Room and Bard” Package
Discover Claremont will once again be partnering with the annual Midsummer Shakespeare Festival to offer a “Room and Bard” package for visitors that includes festival tickets and Claremont Chamber gift cards to secure a picnic meal for a memorable evening under the stars in Claremont.
The package, available at participating Claremont hotels, includes a comfortable guest room, 2 tickets to one night’s performance at the Sontag Greek Theater, $50 in Discover Claremont gift cards redeemable at more than 140 participating Claremont eateries and merchants, and 2 rental chairs at the event. In addition to redeeming the gift cards for dining at the hotels or one of 40+ restaurants and specialty food shops, guests can bring them to one of several official festival partners to purchase a prix fixe picnic and beer or wine.
Reservations must be made by phoning the participating properties directly and requesting the “Room and Bard” package. The package is subject to availability at the following Claremont hotels:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont. Available online at https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/offers/100121061.htm, or telephone 909-626-2411)
- Hotel Casa 425. Available online at https://www.casa425.com/specials, or telephone 909-624-2272.
- Claremont Lodge. Phone the property to book at 909-626-5654.
- Knights Inn Claremont. Phone the property to book at 909-626-2431.
- Motel 6 Claremont. Phone the property to book at 909-621-4831.