Claremont, California, offers a refreshing escape from the bustling city life in Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties. This charming city has a diverse range of attractions that cater to many different interests. With its blend of cultural events, outdoor adventures, educational opportunities, and delectable cuisine, Claremont provides a delightful weekend getaway for all travelers seeking a memorable and enriching experience. Here are a few unique ideas—well, the top 75 things to do in Claremont—curious weekend wanderers can add to their bucket lists for visiting Claremont, California.
Delight in the diverse culinary offerings of Claremont, experiencing a symphony of flavors that showcase the region’s gastronomic diversity.
- Dine in a regionally acclaimed foodie town. L.A. Weekly and NBC Los Angeles have declared Claremont a “food neighborhood” that’s “worth the drive” for foodies and tourists.
- Do a jamon (ham) tasting at The Meat Cellar. Your foodie friends will be jealous.
- Eat a lavish meal in Bardot‘s big, glamorous white booth (like a Hollywood starlet!). They also have a beautiful patio with an outdoor fireplace and misters in the summer.
- Indulge in a Tomahawk Chop grilled to perfection or a chilled half Maine Lobster paired with wine at the award-winning Tutti Mangia Italian Grill, the Inland Empire’s only Italian Chophouse.
- Nosh on a fresh bagel and cream cheese with the works at the 42nd Street Bagel Cafe.
- Savor some of the best pit BBQ around at Gus’s BBQ in the iconic Claremont Packing House.
- Devour fresh, gourmet tacos on the benches at Petiscos.
- Experience the charm of an old-fashioned ‘50s diner at Village Grille.
Immerse yourself in Claremont’s vibrant beverage culture, indulging in a variety of craft cocktails, local wines, and artisanal brews.
- Sip on an exceptional pint at Claremont Craft Ales while sampling gourmet nibbles from the many food trucks that stop at the brewery.
- Sample a wide variety of whiskeys at Eureka!
- Sample amazing wines during a weekend wine tasting at Packing House Wine, a winner of multiple Wine Spectator’s ‘Best of’ Awards.
- Savor gluten-free, preservative-free, vegan craft ciders at the LGBTQ+-friendly Ironbark Ciderworks.
Embark on a shopping spree through Claremont’s charming boutiques and markets, where you can discover unique treasures and local finds.
- Explore artisan shops and hip boutiques in the historic Claremont Packing House.
- Go on a vintage shopping extravaganza at Vintage Odyssey, Replay Vintage, and Dee Lux.
- Shop handmade items from local artists at Studio Claremont and other local boutiques.
- Discover delicious cheeses or pick up a gourmet grilled cheese and craft beer for a picnic at the Cheese Cave.
- Find a beautiful bowl or fun utensils to decorate your home kitchen at The Hen’s Kitchen, a boutique kitchen experience with cookware, bakeware, decor, linens and gifts.
- Find magnificent Mexican folk art for your home and yard at Rio De Ojas.
- Spend extra shopping money after you SAVE through Discover Claremont hotel packages.
Treat your taste buds to an array of delectable desserts and confections, from traditional pastries to innovative sweet creations in Claremont.
- Nibble on a smorgasbord of sweet and savory pies at I Like Pie.
- Revel in caramel apples, chocolate-covered strawberries, and other sweet delights at Bert & Rocky’s Ice Cream Co.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with Belgiun-style Crepes at Chocolate Bash.
- Revel in a fresh, brilliantly crafted pastry from Some Crust Bakery or Creme Bakery as you gaze romantically at your love or the mountains in the distance.
- Indulge in a plethora of sweet and savory pies with coffee and ice cream at I Like Pie Bakeshop.
Roam through Claremont’s picturesque streets, parks, and scenic spots, soaking in the beauty of this charming Californian town.
- Wander the Margaret Fowler Garden at Scripps College. We’d say it’s a secret garden, but this small, medieval-style cloister garden is just too spectacular to remain a secret.
- Enjoy a hike or a bike ride with epic views stretching to Downtown L.A., Catalina Island, and the Inland Empire basin at Claremont Hills Wilderness Park.
- Grab a friend and hike the Claremont Hills Wilderness Park 5-mile Loop to see the wildflower blooms.
- Tackle the AMGEN Tour of California’s challenging bike route to Mt. Baldy.
Engage with the community and its rich cultural scene, participating in local events, art galleries, and interactive experiences.
- Connect with the beauty of nature as you’re guided through a peaceful, gentle flow at ‘Yoga in the Garden’ in the California Botanic Garden.
- Stare at the Venus statue by the Flemish sculptor Giovanni da Bologna (1529-1608), the centerpiece of a fountain at Harvey Mudd College.
- Discover Fair Trade items at the many boutiques and coffee shops in Southern California’s first Fair Trade Town.
- Sample artisan spirits and German gourmet goodies at vomFass. They also offer classes such as Whiskey 101 and the Basics of Oils and Vinegars.
- Stroll the charming Historic Claremont Village, with its many unique boutiques, restaurants, and galleries. Be sure to stop by the historic Claremont Depot too!
Dive into an array of experiences that capture the essence of Claremont, from cultural events to outdoor adventures, creating lasting memories.
- Grab a FREE concert at the stunning Little Bridges Music Hall at Pomona College.
- Catch a show and a cleverly named cocktail at the dueling piano bar, Piano Piano, at DoubleTree by Hilton. It comes alive nightly with acts straight from the Las Vegas Strip.
- Watch the latest arthouse films at Laemmle’s Claremont 5.
- Attend a fabulous play or concert at Bridges Auditorium at Pomona College.
- Take a breathtaking walk through California Botanic Garden, the largest botanic garden dedicated to California native plants.
- Check out live local music at one of Claremont’s growing list of nightspots, including The Whisper House and Walter’s Restaurant, Bar & Lounge. Claremont is no sleepy college town!
Enjoy family-friendly activities and attractions, ensuring a delightful time for everyone in the family, from children to adults.
- Marvel at dinosaur fossils at Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology.
- Take a ‘Tamale Workshop’ at the Claremont Chefs Academy with your S.O. and even the kids.
- Try out a musical instrument and say hello to Ben Harper’s mom, Ellen Harper (who ain’t too bad a musician) at Folk Music Center.
- Set a new record at Lost Levels, a classic arcade with over 40 games from the ‘80s and ’90s.
- Hold a butterfly on your finger at the Butterfly Pavilion at the California Botanic Garden every spring.
- Score a free light show at “Dividing the Light,” Skyspace by James Turrell at Pomona College at dusk.
Embark on an exploratory journey to discover Claremont’s historical landmarks, natural wonders, and hidden gems.
- Scope out stunning architecture at the various Claremont college campuses.
- Browse eclectic books at The Claremont Forum Bookshop & Gallery, a nationally famous bookstore that provides donated books to prisoners.
- Ride a bicycle past Claremont’s gorgeous historic homes or take the Claremont Heritage Home Tour.
- See examples of folk architecture from the Great Depression in the Russian Village District.
- Peruse museums and art galleries. Ruth Chandler Williamson Gallery at Scripps College, Claremont Museum of Art at the Claremont Depot, Benton Museum of Art at Pomona College and The Petterson Museum of Intercultural Art at Pilgrim Place are must-stops for art lovers.
- Experience different styles of 20th-century architecture through a monthly historical walking tour presented by Claremont Heritage.
- Walk through a beautiful fruit tree orchard, beds of crops, and a 162-square-foot greenhouse at the Pomona College Organic Farm. There’s also a chicken coop and a Dr. Seuss-like Earth dome.
- Take a tour of the Padua Hills Theatre, an award-winning Wedding venue with an enchanted forest or celebrate art and community at the Padua Hills Art Fiesta.
Join in on community activities, workshops, or group tours, fostering connections and shared experiences with fellow enthusiasts.
- Enjoy FREE live concerts throughout the Claremont Village in the summer during Friday Nights Live (May – October).
- Sample local craft beers while rocking out to great blues music at The Craft Beer Walk every June.
- Peruse local art while listening to live tunes at Claremont Art Walk, held on the first Saturday of each month.
- Shop for fresh local produce and unique artisan-crafted goods at the Sunday Farmers and Artisans Market, one of the region’s largest farmers’ markets.
- Sip and Savor over 30 wines paired with fantastic food from local artisan restaurateurs while listening to live music at The Vintage Village Wine Walk every Fall.
- Watch films exhibiting artistic excellence and promoting the common good at the Claremont Film Festival.
- Watch Shakespeare under the stars with a picnic (and a little wine) at The Midsummer Shakespeare Festival every July.
- Get your holiday shopping done early as you stroll the streets of the Claremont Village—lined with over 450+ booths selling unique art, original crafts and apparel—during The Village Venture Arts & Crafts Faire every October.
Allow yourself to indulge in luxury and pampering at Claremont’s upscale venues, whether a spa day or a gourmet dining experience.
- Indulge in a tranquilizing spa session at one of the many boutique spas.
- Follow up your yoga session with a craft beer at Yoga on Tap at Claremont Craft Ales.
- Follow up a locally sourced lunch with a round of bocce ball on the secluded Union on Yale patio.
- Satiate your inner twenty-something with a pint and a pie at Pizza ‘N Such.
- Sip a Belgian ale while inhaling a well-crafted burger at The Back Abbey.
- Take a dip at Aquatics at Scripps pool, always available for recreation and lap swimming during posted hours.
- Taste terrific tapas while listening to Spanish music at Viva Madrid.
Choose accommodations, from cozy inns to luxurious hotels, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay in Claremont.
- Relax next to a cozy firepit with a handcrafted cocktail and delicious gastropub fare at Hotel Casa 425.
- Soak in an in-room whirlpool spa tub at Claremont Lodge.
- Host a meeting right from your business suite, with its own conference room space, at DoubleTree by Hilton.
- Have your favorite furry friend stay with you at the dog-friendly Motel 6 Claremont.
- Drop Fido off at ‘Hair of the Dog’, the original grooming shop and doggie daycare of Claremont, for a doggie spa treatment a la carte.
- Bring your bike on the Metrolink and make it an eco-friendly weekend.
Simply enjoy the beauty, culture, and hospitality that Claremont has to offer, making the most of your time in this lovely Californian town.
- Enjoy the free parking. Yes, Claremont is one town in Los Angeles County where you can keep your quarters and credit cards in your pocket. Cheers!