Discover the TOP THREE REASONS you need to visit Claremont this fall.
(Hint: it’s not to see leaves change, but you can absolutely do that too).
Ah, Autumn! A season famous for its crisp and brightly colored leaves, harvest time, cooler temperatures and longer nights. Depending on where you live in Southern California, there may be a chill in the air or you’ve still got the air conditioning blasting to get yourself through that end of summer heat wave. Either way, those months leading up to the winter solstice are full of wonderful family-friendly events if you live in the city of Claremont, California.
It’s truly a wonderful time to explore Claremont. The arts scene is vibrant, with galleries hosting special exhibitions, live music concerts and Fiestas. And what could be more perfect than a leisurely autumn walk, followed by a glass of wine in one of the city’s many cozy wine bars or cafes? Here are just a few of the many fun things to do in Claremont this autumn.
Claremont’s arts and cultures scene hosts some not-to-be-missed events taking place and we continually update events on our calendar.
- Visit the Claremont Lewis Museum of Art, which is currently showing an exhibition entitled, “Transformations in Glass: Vitreous Funk, Fantasy, and Light” through Feb. 5, 2023. The showcase of blown glass objects, sculptures, mosaics, and works in neon by recognized glass artists Kéké Cribbs, Richard Marquis, and David Svenson, who were influenced themselves by the Claremont art community. Fri, Sat, & Sun. 2-4 PM.
- On the first Sunday of every month, ArtStation at the Claremont Museum of Art features new art lessons developed to help children explore different aspects of the current exhibition as well as their own imaginative capabilities. The museum has created a place for children to experience art and engage with local culture. Located in the historic Claremont Depot at 200 W. First Street near the Metrolink Station, the museum will be open noon to 4:00 p.m. with free admission.
- Looking for another great Friday event for all ages? Meet Artists, Makers and Craftsmen. See live music and demonstrations every Friday from 6-9 PM at the Claremont Packing House Atrium.
- Friday nights plays host to Friday Nights LIVE! Free weekly concerts from 6-9 PM at 3 Claremont Village venues — thru October 28th! At the Village Square Public Plaza: Dynamite Dawson – Soft rock. At Shelton Park: The Dogs – Rock. At Claremont Chamber Patio: Arrow Highway – Rock.
- If Jazz is more your vibe, enjoy free jazz concerts weekly at College Center (N/W corner of Foothill & Claremont Blvds) — lasts approximately 1 1/2hours. See the monthly line-up at: https://jazzatcollegecenter.com Sundays 2 – 3:30 PM
- If Opera is your aria of expertise, the Repertory Opera Company of Pomona presents 40 minutes of “musical beauty and community” on the last Wednesday monthly at Claremont Forum in the Packing House at 12 noon… it’s free!
- Theater people, did you know Ophelia’s Jump Productions offers several events and productions throughout the year? They are known for producing theater that is created by, tells the stories of, and is shaped by the perspectives of black, indigenous, and people of color, women, disabled people, neurodiverse people, and the LGBTQ+ community. Theater veterans and new generations of theater lovers will appreciate the compelling stories they tell. For more information or to purchase tickets, go to http://opheliasjump.org or call (909) 734-6565.
Got wine? Sample some of the best wines around and join fellow wine enthusiasts as we all meander through the charming Claremont Village. The Claremont Village Wine Walk offers Wine. Tastings. & Live Music. Sip, taste, and shop in the beautiful Claremont Village on November 19, 2022! And YES! It’s a family-friendly event!
You can enjoy a glass of red or white at one of the city’s many charming cafes and atmospheric wine bars, such as:
- Magnolia Bistro and Wine Bar
- Packing House Wines
- Tutti Mangia Italian Chophouse and Grill
- We Olive and Wine Bar
- Lounge 425 at Hotel Casa 425
- The Back Abbey
- The Orchard – DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont
- The Whisper House
- Walter’s Lounge and Restaurant
Claremont really enjoys their coffee! On cooler days, a warm cafe au lait or espresso sounds like the perfect way to warm up. Not only can you grab a delicious cup of joe, but you can see cool cars and chat with fellow car-lovers at these insanely cool Claremont events.
- On the second Sunday of the month check out the awesome Route 66 Cars and Coffee from 7 – 11 AM at Lucky’s Coffee Roasters.
- On the final Sunday of each month Rev’d Up Coffee hosts Cars and Coffee from 6:45-11 AM
If you’re into cars, these events will really rev up your motor, along with the caffeine of course.
Take a stroll through the historic and quaint district of Claremont Village, stopping to admire the architecture and window-shop at the boutique stores. Or hike up Mt. Baldy for breathtaking views of the surrounding area. Whatever you do, make sure to get out and about to enjoy all Claremont has to offer this Autumn!
- Want to know all about the quintessential city of Claremont. DO NOT MISS the monthly Guided Walking Tour of the historic Claremont Village led by a docent from Claremont Heritage. Explore Claremont’s history including the significance of the railroad, citrus crops, The Claremont Colleges and the Village. Tickets are $10/person. Reservations requested – Phone 909.621.0848 – The group meets once a month (check calendar) from 10 AM to 12 PM in front of the Claremont Depot, 200 W. First Street. Please make reservations online: http://claremontheritage.bigcartel.com/product/walking-tour-of-historic-claremont-village
- What’s better than walking? Walking and ART! The Claremont Art Walk on the first Saturday of the month explores Claremont venues displaying art. For more information… https://www.facebook.com/claremontartwalk/ From 6 – 9 PM.
- The California Botanic Garden offers the First Sunday Family Friendly Bird Walks hosted by the Pomona Valley Audubon Society from 8 – 10 AM. These free family-friendly walks lead you through the beautiful, winding trails of California Botanic Garden showing how you can spot and identify your local bird life. Pomona Valley Audubon Society hosts and admission is free. It’s approximately 2 hours long and is perfect for beginners and experienced birders alike.
If you haven’t experienced the walkable Claremont Farmers and Artisans Market, you’re in luck because it’s EVERY Sunday 8 AM – 1 PM. Located on Harvard Avenue between First St & Bonita Ave in the Claremont Village, this popular market boasts Certified Organic Produce, Specialty Arts & Crafts and Flowers & Plants.
Another incredibly fun and walkable annual Claremont event is the Village Venture Arts and Crafts Faire, which takes place in October. You’ll want to mark your calendar for this very special event.
Here are three good reasons to visit the Village Venture Arts and Crafts Faire this October 22nd
1) Support local businesses, artists, makers, artisans, craftspeople.
2) Find unique gifts for your loved ones and everyone on your list.
3) Enjoy a fun day out with friends or family while exploring Claremont Village.
Enjoy Art, Wine and Walks in Claremont!
IF you’re looking to savor all three activities (ART, WINE, WALKS) at once, The Claremont Lewis Museum of Art will host the 18th Annual Padua Hills Art Fiesta on Sunday, November 6th. Come by and enjoy an outdoor art show, craft demonstrations, art activities for kids, book sale, film, music, and festive foods. Visitors can shop for unique original artwork as they stroll through the beautiful olive groves of the Padua Hills Theater. NEW THIS YEAR: Guests can sip wine and craft beer on the historic balcony or as they stroll through the shady olive groves.
- Thirty area artists will have original artwork for sale including ceramics, glass, jewelry, paintings, prints, weaving, and woodwork.
- Local art organizations will provide art and craft demonstrations and art books will be for sale.
- A film will be presented by Claremont Heritage.
- Join in Art Activities for kids and families. A Music Stage will feature local performers. Festive foods will be served with traditional Jamaica punch.
- Fine wines and craft beers will be served on the historic balcony overlooking the foothills.
Come experience the Padua Hills Art Fiesta to Celebrate Creativity and Community. More Info: https://clmoa.org You’ll be able to experience ART, WINE, and WALKING simultaneously!
As the leaves begin to turn and the days grow shorter, many people start to feel the nip of autumn in the air. Here in Claremont, we welcome the changing season with open arms! There are plenty of fun things to do in our lovely town. So put on your comfiest sweater and get ready for tons of culture and FUN! Experience Claremont like a local this Autumn!