Claremont Joins California Restaurant Month, Annual Claremont Restaurant Week Set for January 16-29, 2017
Claremont Restaurant Week, the city’s showcase of its talented chefs and international cuisines, will take place from January 16-29, 2017. The annual event will run for 14 days, including two weekends, to encourage foodies from all over Southern California to relax and unwind in Claremont with an overnight stay at one of the city’s five hotel properties. The program is part of the statewide California Restaurant Month campaign promoting the state’s culinary experiences.
This year’s program will include both restaurants and specialty food shoppes, providing visitors with a unique opportunity to sample favorites from all over Claremont’s thriving food scene. Participating chefs and business owners will feature locally sourced #dineClaremont specials during the two-week campaign. Some restaurants will offer prix fixe lunch and dinner menus, while others will showcase customer favorite dishes, inspired seasonal specials, and housemade desserts as their #dineClaremont offerings.
Claremont hotels will offer visitors a “dine and stay” experience through its popular Discover Claremont package. The package includes a guest room and $100 in Discover Claremont gift cards, redeemable for hotel dining or at more than 140 Claremont restaurants, boutiques, day spas and entertainment venues. A limited number of Discover Claremont packages are available to guests who book directly through participating Claremont hotels, including DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont (909-626-2411), Hotel Casa 425 (909-624-2272), Motel 6 Claremont (909-621-4831), Claremont Lodge (909-626-5654), and Knights Inn Claremont (909-626-2431).
“We welcome visitors seeking a different Southern California experience to come walk from restaurant to restaurant, explore unique shops, and enjoy a relaxing getaway from the busy urban environment,” said Maureen Aldridge, CEO, Claremont Chamber of Commerce. “Claremont is filled with family-owned restaurants and locally owned, renowned bakeries, dessert shops and specialty food stores. Claremont Restaurant Week is a great time to sample the foods that keep bringing visitors back to Claremont.”
Participants confirmed as of January 9 are:
- Aruffo’s Italian Cuisine, 126 Yale Ave.
- Bardot, 206 W. Bonita Ave.
- Hotel + Lounge Casa 425, 425 W. First St.
- Il Mattone Trattoria Italiana, 201 N. Indian Hill Blvd.
- The Junction, 1 N. Indian Hill Blvd.
- Pine Haven Cafe, 1191 E. Foothill Blvd., Upland
- Saca’s Mediterranean Cuisine, 248 W. Second St.
- The Orchard at DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont, Historic Route 66, 555 W. Foothill Blvd.
- Tutti Mangia Italian Grill, 102 Harvard Ave.
- Union on Yale, 232 Yale Ave.
- Viva Madrid, 225 Yale Ave.
- The Whisper House, Claremont Packing House, 502 W. First St.
- Packing House Wines, Claremont Packing House, 540 W. First St.
- Nuno’s Bistro & Bar, 2440 W. Arrow Route, Upland
- The Press Restaurant, Claremont Packing House, 129 Harvard Ave.
- Eddie’s Italian Eatery, Claremont Packing House, 1065 W. Foothill Blvd.
Claremont’s annual Restaurant Week program, presented by the Claremont Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Discover Claremont, was moved to January 2017 from July to coincide with the Visit California’s statewide California Restaurant Month. For more information about California Restaurant Month, visit www.DineinCa.com.
More details and a growing list of participating restaurants can be found at www.ClaremontRestaurantWeek.com. Visitor information and a listing of Claremont restaurants, hotels, boutiques, day spas, events and more can be found at www.DiscoverClaremont.com.